Engineer Technician Job in Surrey
We have an exciting opening for an Engineer Technician in Surrey
The main purpose of the role is to bring constant improvement to the area of Logistics processing section, Inspection and Test by ensuring that all faults found in logistics are quickly identified, reported on, re-worked as required and eradicated. To process customer returns and repairs. Ensure that all test equipment and test software is fully maintained.
Key Result Areas:
- Maintenance of test equipment and test software both on site and at subcontractors
- Ensure customer repair and rework targets are met
- Reach and maintain a good understanding of the documentary procedures used throughout the department.
- The supporting of quality assurance and quality awareness within the company.
- Provide technical as well as engineering support on the company’s product range including third party and panel partner products whilst still maintaining a high level of understanding of the company’s discontinued products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be continually aware of the requirements for quality and strive for improvements in all areas of work.
- Follow all instructions given by the General Manager.
- Provide support in creation and maintenance of Company manufacturing and processing documentation, such as product Build Standards and Test Procedures
- Carry out tasks such as: customer returns investigation, new product specification and verification of how a particular site issue is manifesting itself and under what conditions in a timely manner.
- To be able to read schematic drawings and use various fault finding techniques in order to establish the root cause of the fault.
- To be competent in using various equipment such as oscilloscopes, volt meter, ammeter etc. when carrying out investigation and fault finding to component level.
- To be competent in soldering and reworking PCB’s using surface mount electronic components
- Provide technical and engineering support for maintaining and improving the company’s tools and equipment for production and testing.
- To be able to evaluate effectively and support with the aid of technical reporting techniques, all electronic component value changes due to component obsolescence or lack of component supply.
- Report to your superior on a weekly and monthly basis your activities and plans for the period.
- Provide full co-operation to management in order to become part of a company team.
- Be responsible for keeping work areas clean, neat and tidy.
- Be fully flexible in carrying out jobs other than their normal job when requested to do so by their immediate supervisor, i.e. assisting in other departments.
- To support new and existing products through third party approval
- Be able to travel to sub-contractors locally and abroad
In return, you will receive a competitive salary plus much more.
If this is something you like the sound of? Then please apply below or call Robert Bruce on 01509 615292