Systems Engineer - SussexRegister for Job Alert
About the Client:
Our client a key supplier of public address, voice alarm and control systems both in the UK and abroad have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic System Engineer to join their team. The overall responsibility of the Systems Engineer is to configure and install Public Address/Voice Alarm and Control System projects to meet customer requirements.
- Deployment of public address voice alarm and control systems
- Configuration of control system components
- Troubleshoot and maintain knowledgebase for control system
- Rack and component installation of control system servers and hardware
- Produce project-specific user design, reference documentation and deployment guides
- Produce project-specific test documentation for Public Address/Voice Alarm and Control Systems
- Understand the company processes, work within them and provide support to Service and Maintenance for maintenance and upgrade of Public Address/Voice Alarm and Control Systems.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support for control system deployments
- Provide training to employees and customers for public address voice alarm and control systems
- Liaise with Technical Lead and the Systems manager in the development of new control systems and updates
- Strong Linux fundamentals - installation (including automated/unattended installation) and troubleshooting. Ideally OpenSUSE or SLES experience.
- Strong Windows fundamentals – installation and troubleshooting of Windows XP and 7
- VMware ESXI installation and configuration
- Familiarity with requirements and specification of complex systems.
- Experience of implementing multiple IT infrastructure projects
- Bash scripting (with Python and Perl a bonus) and working with SNMP walks/traps
- SQL database administration and configuration - either postgreSQL or proven record with another database and evidence of transferable skills.
- TCP/IP networking - familiar with routing, SSH, remote desktop/VNC, DNS, PXE and use of network analysis tools like Wireshark.
- VOIP – familiar with telecommunication systems such as asterisk
- Familiar with version control systems and procedures. Evidence of disciplined approach to configuration
- Technical support via telephone/email/remote access
- Microsoft Office
Does this job interest you? Excellent. You can do the following:
- Apply today! Whether you feel you have the right experience or not, we will always help you.
- Contact Lauren Cooper via email@example.com or you can call them on 0203 793 8867 and 07961 299 157
Don’t have your CV? We can still help you. Cento offer Free CV consultancy.
Know someone who might be interested? Don’t hang about. You can save or share this job.
We are constantly posting new jobs on our website, don’t forget to check them out.