East Midlands / permanent / Up to £39,000
Up to £39,000
About the Client:
- Our client, specialists in the Energy industry, are seeking a hardworking and passionate Area Supervisor based around the East Midlands area to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Responsible for the recruitment and development of an engaged workforce, motivating and managing through the appropriate HR processes, including incidents of grievance and a disciplinary nature.
- Ensure that contractual and specific requirements are delivered, motivating the Engineers, and providing technical support in completing their duties both during normal working hours and through the 24/7 call out.
- Be part of the supervisor callout support cover to advise engineers on out of hours works.
- Communicating Company procedures and Client requirements to operatives through daily contact and the structured monthly Toolbox Talks.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at Client Progress Meetings, Tenant Forums, when dealing with complaints etc.
- Maintain accurate records of all formal communications, site visits and Client meetings.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with Company’s Health and Safety Policy, ensuring all health and safety requirements or legislations, including Risk Assessments and Fire Safety, are adhered to during work.
- Liaise with the Operations Director and the SHEQ Manager on training requirements as well as the technical support requirements for existing and future Engineers.
- Champion the company competency scheme, ensuring that engineers are briefed on updates and changes, that local records are maintained, that any identified training needs are addressed and closed in accordance with company policy, that engineers actively participate in the collection of competence evidence and that each engineer is only allocated work which falls within their scope of competencies.
- Carry out post work Inspection Quality Checks, to pre-determined agreed target volumes, and provide reports for management to meet Client requirements and to identify future training and technical support requirements.
- Attend properties where allocated resources have been unable to provide corrective repair, or revisits have failed to fix faults to ascertain course of action or suggestions to ensure work completion, including further training requirements where appropriate.
- Ensure that service delivery is continuously improved to meet the needs of the clients and customers.
- Undertake such other duties, training and / or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- Gas qualified & Gas Safe Registration.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience.
- Friendly and professional attitude to encourage good relationships with our Clients.
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
- Participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
- Work well as part of a team to Cover for the Head of Region as and when required.