Business Development Manager
North West / permanent / Up to £45,000
Business Development Manager
Up to £45,000 + Car & Commission
About the Client:
- Our client, specialists in the Fire and Security industry, are seeking a hardworking and passionate Business Development Manager based around the North West area to join their team on a permanent basis.
- To generate new dry riser and related service business opportunities by networking, cold calling and other lead generation methods within a defined territory. This includes developing a strong pipeline of quotations, tenders and proposals in order to meet defined sales targets. Requires the presentation of solutions and services to both new and existing clients, as well as leveraging and developing client relationships that exist across the Group.
- Generate new business opportunities in line with monthly activity targets.
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Manage and grow new business revenues from existing accounts.
- Develop an ongoing pipeline of new business to achieve sales targets.
- Accurately forecast the sales pipeline.
- Timely submission of weekly/monthly sales report.
- Manage clients’ expectations in line with their operational delivery capability.
- Develop and implement an agreed regional sales strategy.
- Maintain a good knowledge of the electrical testing and facilities management markets and their competitors within them.
- Manages the sales strategy for the market.
- Needs to be self-sufficient but will be guided by an experienced MD who provides a high level of support.
- Manages own time in accordance with the role’s objectives.
- Able to acquire and maintain a high level of knowledge on products and solutions to represent the offering to customers and prospects.
- Self-driven and motivated, with the ability to work independently and to deadlines.
- Able to fully understand the needs of customers and prospects and to deliver formal presentations to them, at both a company and product level.
- A successful and consistent track record of solution-based selling with proven and demonstrable experience of closing new business.
- A strong understanding of the sales process.
- An excellent communicator both written and verbal with strong presentation skills. Must be highly organised, sales focussed and knowledgeable.
- Experience of selling a service into facilities, estates, maintenance and procurement managers would be a distinct advantage.
- Working knowledge of the facilities management/electrical compliance marketplace.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Professional and flexible approach with a commitment to quality.
- Good experience of working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 3 years on target performance in a similar role.
- Must live within the region allocated.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Ability to travel within region and occasionally UK wide.
- Ability to work flexibly outside of normal office hours when necessary to meet customer or company requirements.