East / permanent / Up to £60,000
Up to £
- Take overall accountability for the successful completion of the construction program, ensuring that all contractual obligations are met or surpassed.
- Monitor project delivery, proactively identifying risks and opportunities, and collaborating with key stakeholders to optimise project outcomes.
- Evaluate the feasibility of the proposed design, ensuring that design teams produce viable designs within the specified timelines.
- Lead the execution of construction activities, ensuring adherence to company processes and protocols.
- Manage and cultivate the growth of the supervisory and engineering team, and lead project steering groups and cross-discipline action groups.
- Monitor and control construction budgets effectively.
- Maintain an unwavering focus on achieving Zero Harm.
- Support the implementation of sustainability initiatives within the project.
- Establish HS&E targets and key performance indicators (KPIs), monitor the effectiveness of the HS&E management system, lead, and review accident investigations, conduct periodic Safety and Environmental Tours, and assess risk reviews to implement safety enhancements.
- Allocate adequate resources to the Works Section, ensuring the appropriate skill levels are present.
- Set targets and KPIs aligned with project objectives, monitor performance, conduct site audits, and take action to implement improvements.
- Oversee the implementation of systems and processes to promote a Right First-Time approach.
- Develop operational target programs that align with the overall construction program.
- Chair regular team leader meetings to review strategic performance on site, report progress, and provide explanations for variances during Project Review meetings.
- Collaborate with off-site functions to facilitate knowledge sharing and promote best practices.
- Identify long-term strategic training opportunities to support individual professional development.
Essential Qualities and Experience:
- Practical comprehension of construction techniques and detailed understanding of construction processes.
- Proven experience in managing diverse construction operations, including phased planning, contingency management, testing, and handover.
- Highly numerate with strong commercial acumen and comprehensive technical knowledge.
- Effective leadership and management skills, with a collaborative leadership approach.
- Exemplary work ethic and dedication.
- Possession of a CSCS Card and SMSTS qualification.
- Strong decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to provide expert technical guidance to support business development efforts.
- Extensive experience in Health and Safety (H&S) management within operational environments, including proficiency in method statements, accident/incident investigations, up-to-date knowledge of H&S legislation, and adeptness in H&S Management systems.
- Familiarity with the interaction between design teams and operational delivery.
- Clear understanding and practical experience in the requirements for project handover and self-certification of works.
- Proven track record in driving continuous improvement, including the ability to analyse fully resourced stage programs using accepted formats or software, and adjust schedules based on site circumstances while maintaining target focus.
- Experience in utilising subcontractors or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for performance management.
- Proficient in producing financial forecasts, monitoring progress against schedules, and identifying areas for cost recovery.
- Working knowledge of standard contract frameworks.
- Flexible working policy.
- 25 days holiday.
- Progression opportunities.
- Recognition/incentive schemes.
- Company car.
- Private healthcare.