North West / Permanent / Up to £35,000
Up to £35,000
About the Client:
- Our client is seeking a hardworking and passionate Electrical Engineer based around the North West area to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to electrical installations.
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of electrical installations within major building projects.
- Design electrical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules.
- Design electrical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards.
- Design electrical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements.
- Able to work as part of a team to meet project brief and programme requirements on electrical design.
- Support senior members of staff in managing client and design team relationships.
- Demonstrate a wide knowledge and relevant project experience of electrical systems across a range of sectors.
- Commit to supporting strategic sustainability policies and our internal environmental programme objectives.
- Ability to apply theoretical principles to the practical design of building systems.
- Sound knowledge of how buildings are built and the design process that goes into their design.
- Detailed knowledge of engineering design approach and fundamentals of mechanical engineering.
- Understanding of the role of the engineer in the design process.
- BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in relevant engineering subject, e.g. Architectural Engineering, Building Services Engineering or Electrical Engineering or HNC/HND in relevant engineering subject.
- A strategic thinker with a proactive attitude and attention to detail, well organised.
- Excellent team working and inter-personal skills, good communication within a team and externally.
- Good time management and ability to prioritise.
- Good numeracy and literacy.
- Able to present and explain the thought processes and engineering processes behind their own design work.