Head of Projects
North East / Permanent / Up to £60,000
Head of Projects
Up to £60,000
About the Client:
- Our client, specialists in the Fire and Security industry, are seeking a hardworking and passionate Head of Projects based around the North East area to join their team on a permanent basis.
- To manage all activities within the Northern Projects department and to develop appropriate strategies for increased activity and profitability.
- Manage Projects/contracts activities and assist in developing appropriate strategies for maximising project profitability and delivery.
- Responsible for providing project company forecast (financial and labour).
- To commercial manage the department and engage in commercial reviews as required.
- To support the sale team with Pre-let meetings and project handover to the department working uniformly and as a team.
- To recruit or develop commissioning engineers as required for the department.
- To ensure department is compliant with the Company’s Quality Policy in line with BN EN ISO 9001:2008 approval.
- To ensure department is in compliance with the Company’s LPS1014 Policy.
- To create, develop and maintain profitable methods and systems for achieving optimum site performance.
- To ensure that the department operates in an organised manner.
- To ensure all maintenance opportunities are offered and then passed over to the relevant department working closely with the team for a satisfactory handover.
- To ensure that all contracts are reviewed fully prior to start, that a full programme and job file(s) is prepared and that a pre-start induction is held when required.
- To attend weekly site meeting, provide monthly site reports & other meetings when required for the department.
- To identify risks and plan actions that will mitigate the effect of those risks
- To identify all necessary training requirements and implement to achieve contract requirements.
- To identify all necessary security and permit requirements to achieve contract agreed KPIs.
- To identify shortfalls in resource and advise necessary structure to achieve contract and added value elements of the contract.
- To effectively manage and allocate responsibilities to individual project managers, to support and mentor as required.
- To review and appoint additional resource (Direct and indirect) to achieve contract requirements, in conjunction with your line manager,
- To promote the Company and its core values and behaviours both internally & externally.
- To control and manage the workload and priorities of the Northern Project Team and be able to self-deliver projects.
- Sound management, good, and organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to deal with customers, end-users, construction personnel and in-house staff in a professional manner.
- Comprehensive knowledge of products and market.
- At least 10 years engineering experience in a related industry.
- Ability to develop & maintain an effective, motivated team.
- Ability to achieve both short- and long-term objectives.
- Ability to prioritise workloads & projects to meet agreed targets.
- At least 3 years commercial knowledge and the understanding of JCT and NEC contracts.
- Project management expertise and training
- Detailed knowledge of products and market.
- Well-developed commercial awareness
- Project management
- Contract Law
- Completed Advanced Design course FIA; Commissioning Course FIA; Installation Course FIA.
- Detailed knowledge of the 18th Edition Electrical Regulations
- Advanced knowledge of the Building Regulations
- Advanced technical knowledge of the industry and regulations.