South East / permanent / Up to £45,000
Up to £
Seeking a skilled HVAC Supervisor for a leading facilities management company. The ideal candidate is passionate about maintaining efficient heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems and has a successful background in leading teams and delivering results in the industry. This opportunity is based in the Greater London area.
- Represent the company professionally and establish positive working relationships with Site and Maintenance Technicians and customers' employees.
- Ensure maintenance coverage for all sites, including reactive and planned preventive maintenance services.
- Offer technical guidance and mentorship to Regional Site and Maintenance Technicians.
- Address under-performance on KPIs and implement plans for improvement.
- Assist the Divisional Account Manager in technical, personnel, and FM process matters.
- Stand in for the Divisional Account Manager during absences, holidays, and meetings.
- Prepare and submit required reports and compliance documentation, taking action on any raised issues.
- Audit FM documentation and address any non-compliance issues.
- Respond promptly to Help Desk calls, resolve issues efficiently, and escalate when necessary.
- Regularly communicate with the customer regarding FM activity.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of Technician positions.
- Comply with health and safety legislation and company processes.
- A minimum of GCSE/Standard Grade level education, with a preference for NVQ Level 3/City and Guilds 236 Part 1 + 2 or equivalent in electrical installation/maintenance.
- 17th Edition City and Guilds 2381 certification is required.
- Skilled in maintenance and repair of various electrical and mechanical equipment, such as fans, pumps, and compressors.
- In-depth knowledge of the FM industry's maintenance services and experience in a multi-client contracted environment is a must, with a background in PPM and compliance.
- Proven track record of effectively leading and managing a team is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build client relationships is desirable.
- Proficient in using PC and software for data extraction, collation, and presentation, with an understanding of CAFM systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in planning, organizing, prioritizing, and project management.
- Results-driven with a strong focus on personal and team accountability.
- Adept in problem-solving and decision-making.
- Adaptable and proactive with a flexible approach to handling challenges.
- Health insurance and/or medical coverage
- Retirement savings plan (401(k), pension plan, etc.)
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, personal days)
- Employee training and development opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities and/or promotions within the company.