Lead Technical Sales Manager
South East / Permanent / Up to £55,000
Lead Technical Sales Manager
Up to £55,000 + Car & Commission
About the Client:
- Our client, specialists in the Security industry, are seeking a hardworking and passionate Technical Sales Manager based around the South East area to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Winning new business – development of new customers in the commercial and public sector.
- Preparation and delivery of new business proposals.
- Carrying out on site technical survey and appraisal.
- Design, specification and costing (with support from design engineer and estimator)
- Issuing quotation and contract paperwork to customers.
- Ensuring quotes are issued within specified deadlines.
- Day to day management of quote bank and provision of reports thereon.
- Key account management of existing clients for installation and upgrade works.
- Proactive follow up of sales quotations to maximise the percentage converted to orders.
- Customer Presentations as required.
- Minimise credit control disputes by ensuring customer requirements are clearly set out and their solution meets customer needs.
- Identification of and liaison with system and equipment suppliers as required.
- Cross selling the company’s products and services wherever possible.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of technology and products relative to company’s markets.
- Supporting/working within quality initiatives such as ISO 9001:2008 and compliance with NSI Gold standard.
- A good standard of education to either ‘O’ Level, GCSE Grades A-C or NVQ Level 2/3 is essential together with a significant background in security and/or building technologies.
- A proven track record in generating new business working closely with potential customers and end users, preferably in the same or closely related business by end user. The successful candidate will be a strong ‘hunter and closer’ and have a good understanding of the principles of key account management as well as being able to source new customers and business opportunities.
- Strong and up to date technical knowledge of main products and service areas relevant to company, in particular, Access Control including Biometrics, CCTV surveillance with advanced analytics, Parking Management and ANPR, Gates and Barriers, IP and Wireless technology and Building Management Systems. This knowledge will be of a good enough standard to be able to survey sites, design and specify solutions.
- Good understanding of the ‘sales process’ and will ideally have attended one or several recognised technical sales training courses.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office suite in particular ‘Outlook’, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Good communication, verbal and written.
- Ability to articulate value in the offer.
- Clear understanding of relationship management.
- Organisation and structure.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional and well presented.
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve sales targets.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Capable of using own initiative to problem solve and provide alternate solutions.
- Friendly and empathetic.
- Positive can-do attitude.