North West / permanent / Up to £60,000
Up to £60,000
About the Client:
- Our client, specialists in the Energy industry, are seeking a hardworking and passionate Technical Manager based around the North West area to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Provide an overview for design methodology, discuss at mid tender review, ensure estimating understands requirements, liaise with consultants.
- Obtain or advise on Statutory Authorities connections and possible issues.
- Schedule possible section notices and their impact on the tender.
- Schedule required consultants and estimated design fees, pass to commercial.
- Consider and identify potential problems, record for reference.
- Attend tender settlement to give input, attend interview if required.
- Read and comment on written submission, provide Contractors Proposals documentation if required.
- Provide support documentation for company reports, both on a monthly and add hoc basis.
- Maintain Client and supply chain relationships.
- Act as the Technical lead for the company when attending forums, focus groups and technical workshops, provide feedback to the Senior management Team.
- Provide sustainability advice across the work spectrum when requested.
- Develop and maintain a technical library to include all current and forthcoming changes to legislation.
- Hold technical workshops to ensure company staff understand the technical solutions for a project and the quality levels expected.
- Support technical site surveys (nationwide)
- Promote and uphold a sound health and safety culture across the company
- Ensure projects are designed to the highest quality of engineering and technical standards.
- Be involved with the recruitment of direct and indirect labour.
- Evaluate the success of the project and share lessons or best practice with other organisations or project managers.
- Previous experience designing roof mounted non-domestic Solar PV projects.
- Ground mounted PV and battery storage experience is highly desirable.
- 18th Edition is highly desirable.
- Engineering technical excellence and pride in work / project outcomes.
- Strong Project Management skills, ensuring optimal design and costs on all projects.
- Strong engineering thinking, combined with financial & commercial awareness.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing commercial-scale solar PV projects and teams, in addition to managing UK DNO G99 & G100 requirements and conditions.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise well when designing multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong attention to detail, accurate and methodical in work to overcome challenges and see projects through to completion.
- Ability to deal with complex tasks under pressure.
- Clear communicator, confident in communicating and influencing at all levels.
- Ability to build relationships and a good rapport with clients to generate confidence.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD software (desirable, but not essential)
- Ability to interpret PV designs for all building types.
- Strong electrical background (highly desirable, but not essential)