Technology Project Manager
South West / permanent / Up to £45,000
Technology Project Manager
South West (Home Based)
Up to £45,000 + Car Allowance
About the Client:
- Our client, specialists in the Fire and Security industry, are seeking a hardworking and passionate Technology Project Manager based around the South West area to join their team on a permanent basis.
- To manage any technology projects around the UK and EU.
- Take full ownership of technology projects allocated to you.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements and plan and schedule project timelines as well as tracking project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Work with technology sales and design team to develop & produce full scale project and design plan.
- Use the appropriate tools to manage and control project work, (Gantt charts, Kanban, RAID logs & budget tracking).
- Assemble and coordinate project staff as well as installation & commissioning activities carried out in a controlled manner and in accordance with the company’s documented procedures. To act as the focal point in all matters of design & development.
- To take full responsibility for the Health & Safety on the projects including regular reporting, organising toolbox talks etc. and attending clients Health & Safety site meetings.
- Assist with the management on a daily basis the project resource allocation to ensure progress and attendance.
- Issuing monthly variations and applications for large projects in line with the company procedures.
- Ensure the correct paperwork/certification is completed for each project.
- Carry out quality audits for projects you are managing.
- Ensure installations are carried out to the company’s requirements and to the relevant standard.
- Ensure creation of and distribution of project status reports.
- Monitor labour requirements for projects which you are assisting managing.
- Customer liaison.
- Ensure all information from the installations and commissioning’s for operation and maintenance manuals are supplied for each project.
- Attend site meetings when required.
- Monitor and upkeep health & safety requirements for each project.
- Monitor quality and quantity of equipment used for each site.
- Monitor programme of works making sure that we meet deadline.
- Monitor and control the other commissioning engineers allocated to your project.
- Book accommodation and travel for Project Consultants.
- To carry out any other job specific duties as deemed appropriate by your line manager.
- Ensure applications are sent in on time in line with project dates.
- Manage the Project Handover to support at least seven days after project completion.
- Ensure all project documentation is up to date.
- Ensure your project is completed in line with handover margins.
- Ensuring all client change possesses are managed and adhered too.
- Qualification in project management or equivalent with experience on managing technology projects.
- Conversant with the products and systems specified and conversant in respect of new technologies as well as technical and regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Planning, organising & monitoring work to tight timescales, deadlines & manage within a pressurised environment keeping the project on track, by negotiating effectively and able to influence & persuade throughout all levels of hierarchy.
- Good business acumen with budget planning and administration skills.
- The ability on positive decision – making and display initiative with attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, verbal & written & conflict management skills as well as customer facing skills and presentation.
- To be computer literate and proficient in all core Microsoft packages, MS Project is an advantage.
- Influencing and leading and the ability to form good working relationships with colleagues, customers and external influences.
- The ability to delegate as and when required and create teamwork. Negotiation skills & the ability to drive the project and deliver/succeed.
- Good time management skills are a requirement.
- Adaptability and initiative is a requirement.
- Previous experience of working within the technology industry.
- CSCS card (or equivalent)